A Legend Memory

Once again, hellooo guys!! So this is the post I was talking about in my previous, where I will share to you what I'am busy about for this past few weeks. A journey I will be remembering even if all my memory fades. A memory that will never grow old. A venture I will take forever and share with my future children and my grandchildren. So here we go..

First week of July, our school was literally hunting (haha) candidates for the Student Council so I knew I had to join because it's really a great help for me and I know I can do something and this year will probably my last year in my Alma Mater so I wanna spend it in the best way possible. Last July 3, 2015, Friday, it was a good afternoon when all of the aspiring candidates of Student Council were called for the final nomination for the positions: President, Vice President, and the like. I was nominated to run for the presidency. With God's will, I willingly accepted it, forgetting all of my other responsibilities (haha). I really had trouble when I was thinking to join. There were many boxes there in the form and I checked the "4th Year Board Member" box because I knew I'm a grade 10 student, having hectic sched is normal, hell weeks become a hell month and I have other duties to as an C.A.T officer, a classroom president, Cookery president, a Christian Ministry member, and a sports writer for our school paper. That's why I was afraid I might not be able to balance it all or I would left a sector unmoved. But with God's help and signs, I know He guides me so I still pursued it. July 6, we were presented in the entire student body. Nervousness was not there by that time but n July 7, our room to room campaign, I was nervous and tired at the same time. Can you imagine that? Hahaha! It was so tiring to be nervous and nervous to be tired. Having that two emotions at the same time is oh so hard. Hahaha! But we finished. Thank God we finished. Not by time, but at least we finished. It was hard and nerve-cracking cause you will see their emotions. You will see your voters face to face. You will now have a basis on your prediction. And that's what makes it hard. Super hard. July 8, Miting de Avance. The tension and nervousness in me stoop down a little bit. I dont know but I dont have any trouble speaking in front of a crowd. I'am more nervous when I'm talking to just 30 people or so. Because I can see the transparency in their emotion. Because I can clearly see in my two eyes how they react to every word my mouth gives off. That's why I prefer talking to a throng for I don't have to mind them because they are too many. I just got to keep talking and talking. Back to the miting, we performed and they were so happy. We introduced ourselves. I presented our platform. It was all well until, July 9, the day of the supposed election proper, classes were suspended because of the 3 typhoons. I was half happy half sad. "They might change their mind." "They fight forget what we had in the miting de avance". Those thoughts cripple to my mind every single second of that day! July 10, Friday, classes are still suspended. Saturday and Sunday came and I was still nervous. Come Monday, July 13, FINALLY! The election proper was held. We voted. They voted. Afternoon, the winners were announced to us candidates. With God's grace, yes, I won. I was quite teary-eyed when I was talking to my classmate before the announcement. The nervousness is real. Until now, it hasn't still quite sinking in haha! Yeah. So I'am thanking Almighty God for this wonderful journey. I will never consider myself as a winner not until I have reached my goals for the institution. Thank you everyone. Thank you! To God be the highest glory!




Popular Posts