Once in a Lifetime ✨


Written December 13, 2017 6:34pm
(Published just today because Blogger had been under maintenance for months) 

It’s a school day today, and there’s still school tomorrow. Being a SHS student is staggering, nevertheless this is the day the Lord has made.  No assignments, no quiz, no take-home activities. Perfect time to make a blog about the MOST unforgettable moment of my entire life.
                        
A year ago, I stopped blogging because I want to focus on school and whole lot of other things (there comes SHS on the list again). However, I promised myself to blog occurrences in my life I wanna time-capsule up. This is one of them times.

When I was a child, I never dreamed of any lavish party for myself.  Being the “kuripot” (daw haha) that I am, I think it’s impractical and unnecessary. But my mom wanted us to have a party on our 18th, as what is traditionally done for the coming of age of some Filipinas. However, when we turned 17, I started attending lots of debuts. I found myself wanting one but our thoughts were exchanged. I wanted and my mom doesn’t. She bribed me of just going out of the country in exchange for the debut. For me, it was 50% okay. Not all gets offered to go out of the country, so who am I to refuse? 50% not okay because I know that my 18-year old self will not forgive me for not giving her a party when 17-year old wants it so bad. My mom made some trips to travel companies so it finally began to sink in: 18-year old me will not be fully happy.

Four months before our birthday, I saw my mom texting someone from the Kerubin Catering (which we saw from the wedding of my cousin, totally captured our hearts and tummies). I kept my thoughts to myself: “Bakit katext nya yun?””Bakit catering? Anong meron?” But then I completely brushed the idea off my system because when my mom decides, I know it’s permanent.

A month before our 18th birthday, I still voice out my opinion for us to throw a party. Me and my twin don’t agree. She just wants a simple dinner party for us. I will go to a friend and tell him “Birthday ko rin naman ah? Bakit walang nakikinig sa suggestions ko?” hahaha yeah im that dramatic over this whole party thing. Now I laugh at myself hahaha.

December 1st, (this is for real guys!) I STILL wish for us to throw a party. At this point, I was like “Is it possible to throw a debut with less than two weeks of preparation?”hahahaha! I’m laughing at myself srsly. I guess I’m the epitome of the word PERSISTENT. But I just kept all these thoughts to myself because I know they will all laugh at me.

I started to accept my plan isn’t THE plan after all (haha im still laughing).  We settled into a simple dinner party on my Tito’s house in Caingin. I told my mom to fund the foil balloons I want to design the house with but she replied, “Me and my team will take care of it”. I just thought the “team” will be my kuya and other members of the family. I invited some of my classmates and friends, although very limited. I even made a map for them because no one has ever been in my Tito’s house before. I sent it to them countless times and ALWAYS told them to come.

Come 12th of December, we are set to go half-day on school because my mom wanted us to have a family picture taken in the afternoon. So we all agreed. Before I left I told my classmates I’ll go see them in Caingin. At 1:00pm, the makeup artist arrived for the alleged family picture taking. At 4:00pm, we are all set and done. I just watched Jess & Gabriel videos on YT to kill the time. At 6:00pm, my mom seems to be relaxed (this is our calltime at Caingin). At around 6:30pm, Giea and I were really bummed because no one seems like they are ready to go, so we decided to dress up even if didn’t have the cue. At around 7:00pm, my mom kept on telling us that the tricycle who will pick us up is still in San Pablo.

7:30 pm, finally, we made progress hahaha. I’m kinda grumpy on why we’re late because some guests might get hangry. We went out of the house and Giea and I were kinda confused that there was a tricycle waiting for us outside, which really looks like it is out and about. We were en route to Caingin until the road doesn’t look like it was going to Caingin haha. Giea and I were like “tuloy pa ba yung picturan?” “May bukas pa ba na studio sa oras na to?” hahahahaha. Then we reached the remote locations of McArthur Highway hahaha. We passed by restaurants where we think the party was relocated. Inner us were whispering “wag kang liliko, wag kang liliko” because we don’t like thoseeee places we’re sorry hahaha. Then the tricycle parked in front of The Patio. I’ve never been inside The Patio. All I know is it is an events place. Little did I know that it was that night’s event place.

When we went down the vehicle, I saw two of our batchmates (but I didn’t see their faces, I just know haha: lucky guess- one was Jair). Then I thought, this is really it. We went inside and it was pitch black dark. I saw a cool entrance with flowers hanging around and when we are about to go inside, I saw silhouettes of people just before the lights went ON. That’s when it went CRAZY.
 This was the first thing that I saw inside The Patio but without all the lighting haha.

Relatives and friends on the other side of that entrance


Well, you can tell by our faces how shocked we were. I was so happy to see faces very familiar to me.

 At the very first of planning, I was so sad because I can only invite few people which means there are a lot I have to leave a lot behind, including some of my relatives and friends. But then, they were there. My family from Quezon City, including my very busy Tito Xeboy who still managed to make time for us, my friends who I thought will not come because there’s still school tomorrow, and the best part: Stormtroopers and Darth Vader.



Totally lost my chill, bruh. Hahaha! Thank God I still had my control because if not, I might forget there’s REAL people behind those masks and hug them all one by one. Haaay salamat talaga hanggang shake hand lang ang nagawa ng excitement ko hahaha.  


We were welcomed by our relatives holding the cake and our friends singing happy birthday. Wow. I'm still out of words. Out of words pa ko nyan ah hahaha. But grabe, now that I write about it, I cannot express how grateful I am to the people behind this amazing party. Now I'll take the chance. Yes, we didn't took part of the "team", but can I just say I LOVE EVERYTHING about the party. Kerubin Catering (pug, plug, plug, plug) really outdid themselves. 




This really cool entranceeee design

I appreciate cute details :3

"Sunflowers and roses" -my mom when asked what our fav flowers were
It's true tho, but with kalachuchiiiii! Yes please! 

 Food i didn't manage to eat because of excitement and occupied-ness haha

 My fav pic of the night
I always wanted a rustic vibe (like some pics I sent to my mom when we were looking for design ideas for Caingin). Kerubin and my mom really did an amazing job esp for those string lights I totally love. I've received multiple compliments about those lights hahaha and I've seen a lot of pics from guests featuring those lights so kudos to Kuya Kevin (owner of Kerubin) who really bought those by my mom's request. 
And oh, don't you love that table set-up.
And those trees.
Wow, am I really not part of the team? It seemed like they took the ideas right out of my brain. Haay! CRAZY

 Back view

We had a program prepared by my friends (shoutout to ETO NA!!!). They prepared 18 somethings for Giea and I (6 unforgettable moments, 6 candles, and 6 gifts each). Even if we have class tomorrow, our batchmates and friends were present that night, and for that I am really grateful.

 Haaay this people. I hope you enjoyed the night like Giea and I did. 

 Prograaaam!
Thank you to those who took part and for those who weren't, please don't get mad at me. I'm not responsible for picking out the lineup hahahahaha! Shoutout to the impromptu hosting of my friends, my Pepsi Henry and my Prend Praise who managed to host the whole party even if they were told an hour or two before the party. (kudos to the original host who didn't make it, my friends showcased their natural talent hahaha)


The debutantes. Hmp tuhruy haha. 


The night was not yet over. Mama still got them tricks up her sleeve haha. We were surprised when my friends announced that there was a photo booth and for us, it was a really great deal because we LOVE photo booths. Huge shoutout to Creative Thoughts Events and Photobooth for the amazing backdrop and layout design of the photos. I don't particularly like the 3r-sized photobooth pictures. I've always wanted a bookmark-like one, and they did deliver that, without my consulting my opinion. Haaay ulit hahahaa.  Grabe, thank You Lord.

There's n o pic of my so here's one with my sis.
Ghaaaddd don't u love that backdrop
 Grabe my cute friends hahaha
Anyone who wants to see the photobooth pictures can visit this link: GIEA and GIELINE turns 18

"Wait, there's more!" -my mom be like hahaha. Truly, it was a night of blessings. At the latter part of the program, we were asked to turn our backs to the entrance for another surprise and so we did. I did not expect this surprise, although when I was asked by my friend (host) what I think it is, I immediately told them this thing because I knew it's too impossible so might as well say it. Still, God is so good because what I thought was impossible was possible after all. 

Enroute to the big surprise!


Us when we saw the surprise hahah those faces tho
I'm not going to elaborate about the thing but we, siblings, wanted this so bad because it has become very inconvenient because of our lack of this thing hahaha. It was a plan to get this but we knew we had to wait more to get it. But again and again, God is so good He provided us with it just in time- His perfect time. :) 

My pamileeeh!!

1st cake of the night which came along with the big surprise haha
(that cake went missing after the party so yeah, God bless to the people who ate it. I hope u liked the ube cake :P) hahaha jk 

If I were to go back in time, I'd eat :'( huhuh charot. 





My friends turned hosts turned singers/entertainers. Thank you guys for attending to my request for you, guys, to sing hahaha

The parteeey

Us when I whispered "pinipicturan tayo. plastikan! bilis!" hahahaha


2nd and 3rd cake of the night from Kerubin

Kudos to these amazing people who created the program for the party, designed the props like the candles and frame for the 18 things. You guys are the best!!!!

I LOVE THIS BUNCH!!


 The hosts + my roleta girls hahahaa (insert L.A)

The only person who made me (ALMOST) cry that night
I LOVE YOU BESH
we were beshies before beshies were even a thing hahaha

SIBS 

It's funny how the surprises never stop but there was a brief fireworks show my mom prepared for us. My mom really knows us well kasi I've always thought night parties are never complete without fireworks show. Even though it was not pictured because everybody were shocked, it was one of the highlight of the night. 

With my previous simple birthday parties, my friends' main objective is to make me cry and every single year, they do not fail. Until I turned 18 hahahaha. I was so happy I didn't shed a tear this night. Haaaay. This is my last sigh for this post I promise haha. Not all are blessed with parties, and not all are blessed with surprise parties. We're some real blessed girls. I am really grateful to everyone who were part of this evening. 18 years, I've tried to be the best version of myself, and I realized this must be the reward for all that hardships and disappointments I've been through. It's crazy how time flies. 6 years ago, I was running across the hallways of my former school, not giving a single f over what people think and say, over my acads, over anything. Now, a lot of things have changed. As I grow older, I realized that there are really some points in our life that hit us hard and when it does, you just gotta endure the pain hahahahaha wow sensodyne. But really, everything I've been through made this (excuse me: self-love coming through) wacky, corny, strong, courageous, persistent, determined and God-fearing lady. I wouldn't wanna have it in any other way. Thank You for the amazing 18 years of love and life, Lord. I know I'll go through the next with You by my side.

Here's to more years of life and blessings.
Here's to more friends with quality.
Here's to love received and love given.
Here's to the gifts from above.

My 18th year will bring new challenges and blessings, but hey, I'm ready. ;)


All the love,

Gellibels :D




Popular Posts